Good evening, everyone! It’s been a long time, but I’ve been once again nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I’m grateful for Jasmine @ How Useful It Is for tagging me in this, as I’m falling in love with her blog more and more with each subsequent post. It’s truly an honor. Thank you.
1. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
2. Nominate 11 blogs.
3. Ask them 11 questions.
1. Do words come easy for you when you start to write a blog post or book reviews?
-It really depends! Since I’m still working on easing out all of the kinks of getting back into blogging in my spare time, it truly can vary depending on the type of post, how rough of a day I had, etc.
2. How do you manage your time? Reading, Working, Commenting, Blogging, and Life.
-NOT VERY WELL, haha. My job is pretty demanding — even more so than the call center position that preceded it! — and I almost have to force myself to have blogging time. It’s not uncommon for me to leave comments earlier in the morning before I leave for work because it’s harder for me to do so once I get home. My partner and I usually have some sort of outing on most nights, haha.
3. Do you like to travel? Sightseeing?
-I do! The shitty thing about traveling, though, is getting to the intended destination. I hate sitting in a car/plane/train crammed in a tiny little space for hours at a time, but often the stress of traveling itself is worth the actual experience of being in the place.
4. What book are you currently reading?
-I’m reading a few things! Obviously, I’m still working on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but I’m also working on The Heartbeat Thief by AJ Krafton & #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso. Y’all will get some thoughts on those tomorrow with Whatcha Readin’ Wednesday.
5. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
-Technically, yes! Since I have hella e-books on my phone on both iBooks and Kindle, I really am carrying around a bunch of books with me at all times. (Imagine the panic I had when I dropped my phone in the toilet and thought I lost everything.) But if we’re talking about physical books, that’s also something I do of course, haha. Right now, it’s #Girlboss since that’s my main focus.
6. What is your favorite color?
-TEAL. Doesn’t matter if it’s greenish-teal or bluish-teal, I just love teal. My Chromebook is even a nice bluish-teal color. #alltealeverything
7. Do you do adult coloring?
-Not really? I tried to get into it back when I worked in the call center, but I found that reading soothed my call anxiety more. However, I have been gradually working on a Zenbroidery piece, which is like adult coloring, but embroidery! I’m not great at it, but it’s nice.
8. Do you go to restaurants judging by the look on the outside or recommendation by friends?
-In DC, it’s really a combination of both. There are places that look really, really cool on the outside that actually are delicious (shout out to Beau Thai on Mount Pleasant!), but there are others that clearly spent most of their development dollars on aesthetics rather than food quality. My partner loves this really divey place, Wonderland Ballroom, that’s only a few blocks south of us that looks sketch on the outside, but it’s actually really, really great.
9. What is your second favorite after reading?
-Writing, absolutely. If I could do nothing but write, that would be an ultimate dream accomplished. I have a few short stories that I wrote in college that definitely need some sprucing up, and I have plenty ideas for more short stories. I’m like Alexander Hamilton but with small chunks of fiction rather than, like, pro-ratification essays.
10. Do you fall asleep while reading?
-Not really, no. I’m scared of rolling over and crushing the book while I’m sleeping. That book did nothing to deserve such a fate! If I am feeling sleepy while reading, I properly put the book out of harm’s reach and then doze off.
11. Who is your book crush?
–Suze Simon and Alina Starkov, absolutely. I have a thing for chaotic good women who are unafraid to kick all of the ass in order to get what they want. Part of it is fueled by my desire to be them, but the other (read: majority) portion is fueled by my desire to be with them.
Consider Yourself Tagged:
- Sarah @ Reviews & Read-A-Thons
- Cassidy @ The Little Book Cottage
- Sam @ One Bookish Girl
- Poulami @ Daydreaming Books
- Emma @ The Terror of Knowing
- Sevairi @ Sevairi Reads
- Emily @ Embuhleeliest
- Rae @ Bookmark Chronicles
- Alex @ Alextheshadowgirl
- Nicole @ Awayinneverland
- Payton @ Payton’s Book Thoughts
Questions for You:
- What’s your most recent book purchase (or haul)?
- How do you feel about your local library? Does it have a good selection? Is it cozy?
- What do you think you’re going to be for Halloween?
- Have you visited any of the Little Free Libraries in your area? What have you gotten from them?
- What are your favorite books to take with you on an airplane?
- Which band/artist is your guilty pleasure and why?
- Have you ever attended a book signing? A poetry reading?
- What’s your Bookstagram, if you have one?
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? Why?
- What’s your favorite beverage to sip on during the day?
- What’s your favorite snack to nibble on while reading?