Here we go merrily along with the end of my first full month back to blogging! It’s been a crazy month to say the least, but I think I’m finally settling into something vaguely resembling a routine. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been getting back into the groove of posting weekly features like Whatcha Readin’ Wednesdays, Tag Tuesdays & 5 Things on Sunday (with the exception of this week because I was prepping for travel). I even — gasp! — was able to get a few reviews out in between! Wow! Golly gee whillikers! Additionally, I’ve been taking some time to get some redesigned graphics on here, as what I had pre-hiatus definitely screamed amateur hour. Shout out to work for introducing me to the glory that is Canva.
In terms of reading, I actually managed to complete a few of the goals I laid out last month! Granted, I’m not quite finished with Order of the Phoenix, but that’s something I intend on completing this weekend. However, I finished a few more books that I had put off to the side for several months — including a Netgalley book! Not bad for only truly getting back into the saddle for about four weeks. With that being said, I think I know exactly which books I’m going to be targeting for October.
Books Read in September:
- The Scorpion Rules – Erin Bow (three stars)
- Kiss, Kill, Love Him Still – Jamie Blair & Dawn Rae Miller (review forthcoming)
- Soulmate – Kellie McAllen (one star)
- Shearwater – Derek Murphy (one star)
- The Wicked and the Divine – Kieran Gillen & Jamie Cowles
Other Books Reviewed in September:
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – J.K. Rowling
To Be Read in October:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – J.K. Rowling
- Crystal Cadets – Anne Toole & Katie O’Neill (this is a re-read, but I don’t remember enough to be able to review it)
- Mind of the Phoenix – Jamie McLachlan
- The Heartbeat Thief – A.J. Krafton