After this, I think I’m finally caught up with all of the awards I’ve fallen behind on the past few weeks. Hooray for finally kicking my ass into gear! I would love to thank Luucy from Making Days Better for nominating me for this award. She is such an incredible, joyous soul and seeing her around really does make my days better. (: Please check her out to see what I mean!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How I Started My Blog:
Really, I literally just put this together entirely on a whim. I’d been using Goodreads for a little while for reviews and things, but I noticed a growing trend among people that ended up being my friend on the site: they all had book blogs. I’m not usually one to bandwagon, however, I did like the idea of hopping back into the blogging saddle, especially given that I didn’t have a good writing outlet at the time. When I started the blog, I’d just finished reading Geek Girls Unite by Leslie Simon and just felt the call to put this terrible book on blast somewhere other than Goodreads (because I’m a bitch hahaha). All jokes aside, I did really miss the feel of a blogging community like one I participated in during my Tumblr days; while I’m still getting acclimated to the way things are run here on WordPress, I’m really enjoying this new home.
Advice to You:
I’m terrible at giving advice, but let’s give it the good ol’ college try, shall we? Do not, no matter what, lose sight of who you are. Sometimes, there’s this kind of expectation to write your blog in this “accepted” way in order to fit some unspoken rule of portraying an image of perfection. If that’s not who you are, if that’s not your natural voice, don’t feel like you have to conform to it for a higher number of Internet followers. The whole purpose behind giving honest reviews is just that: being honest with yourself. Of course, don’t be a jerk to other bloggers if they don’t deserve it, but don’t be afraid to use your voice, because it’s the only one you have.
Consider Yourself Nominated:
Cristina @ My Tiny Obsessions
Morgan @ The Secret Diary of a Computer Science Student
Jackie @ Fall In Love With The Sound of Words
Sumaya @ Sue’s Reading Corner
Felicia @ Felicia Sue Lynn Reviews
Jesalin @ JBelkBooks
CW @ Read, Think, Ponder
Olivia @ Bibliomad
Veda @ Bookzillian Society
Kat @ Life and Other Disasters
Nicola @ Rust & Stardust
Kendra @ Reads & Treats
Anna @ My Bookish Dream
Darcy @ Darcy’s Book Blog
Lashaan @ Bookidote