This comes extremely, extremely late — pretty much a month late, whoops! — but I’m so pleased to learn that I’ve been nominated again for the Liebster Award. Of course, this award is meant to shine a spotlight on up and coming blogs whose nominators feel deserve a little bit of attention. Veda over at Bookzillian Society has sparked a little flame of love by graciously sending a nomination my way. Her blog definitely deserves some recognition as well, so please check her out as soon as possible! I love her blog’s layout for being so absolutely colorful! Thank you so much for the nomination, Veda!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Do you have a hobby of writing novels? If so, are you working on one? On what are you writing it?
-I actually prefer to write short stories rather than full-on novels. My attention span is far too short to be able to focus on something long term like a novel, but I know I can devote the brain space to one short story at a time.
- When did you create your blog?
-My blog has only been around for a few months, since early August of this year! I’m so happy with how it’s grown since its creation; we’re creeping on 100 followers already! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I hit the milestone sometime before the turn of the year, and it seems like it might just do that.
- Where is your favorite dream-vacations spot on the globe?
-Oh, I’d absolutely love to go to London. Cities fill me with such a thrill, because I seem to absorb the energy of the people bustling around me. My partner spent five months studying abroad there a few years ago and I’m so incredibly jealous of him! Additionally, we want to eventually go to Paris together. I’ve been once before (on Bastille Day!), but it was with my family and I want to spend more time just wandering through the city instead of hitting all of the touristy spots.
- Have you ever been to a beach? What was the name?
-I’ve actually lived in beach cities my entire life; I grew up in a small town just a few minutes away from Charleston, South Carolina, only to move to Virginia Beach when I was eleven. I’ve been to beaches here in Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Kentucky (lakes count!), Spain. I really like going to the beach, hahaha.
- Do you know how to whistle?
-Yeah, but I’m not very good at it. Actually, I didn’t know how to whistle until I started listening to Andrew Bird’s music my senior year of high school. He uses a lot of whistling in his songs and I wanted to emulate him. I don’t think I’ll ever get to his level, but, hey, it’s a start. I’m a far, far, far better singer than I am a whistler.
- Cassie Clare or JK Rowling?
-Hands down, J.K. Rowling. A: she’s only written the series that has inspired me in so many different ways and thoroughly touched my life. B: she’s not a goddamn plagiarist like Cassandra Clare. #byefelicia
- What is your favorite music? (album or song)
-Nooooooo, I wasn’t readyyyy. Ugh, I guess my favorite song right now would be Hotline Bling by Drake. I will drop every single thing and listen to it if I hear it on the radio, or just around. But if I were to choose my favorite record, I’d probably go with St. Vincent’s self-titled album. It’s literally perfection and deserved the Grammy it got earlier this year. St. Vincent is my queen. Please check out her music. Do yourself a favor.
- Apple or Samsung?
-Apple. The Samsung phones I’ve had in the past have all sucked. Next.
- What sports do you play?
-Having arthritis at my age actually makes it very difficult for me to do sports on land, so doing things like running, playing soccer, whatever are all out of the question. However, get me in a pool and I am gone. I can backstroke like the best of them.
- Have you ever created any other blogs beside the one you are on blogging on now?
-I had a personal blog that I maintained on Tumblr for many years until a: I got fed up with the toxic culture of attacking every single person, and b: my ex-boyfriend found my blog and started trying to contact me about the stuff I posted four years after we broke up. I’m not about to let this negative shit influence me and my blogging, so I quit Tumblr cold turkey. I had a short stint as a knitting blog earlier this year, but it got to be way too much to keep up with, and there’s only so much you can write about knitting before it gets repetitive.
- Any blog goals to achieve by 2016? Or have you already achieved them?
-I didn’t think that this blog would get 50 followers, let alone the number it currently has. I guess the goals I want to achieve have to do more with collaborating with other bloggers; there’s a buddy read in the works with myself and Sevairi while we read Throne of Glass. I also want to be able to do interviews with authors, hearkening back to my roots in journalism, but that’s easier said than done.
- I am a Bath and Body Works fiend. I own six of their shea body creams, stockpile their body washes like there’s no tomorrow and have just gotten into their three-wick candles. I’m obsessed.
- Brunch is my favorite meal of the day. Any excuse to mix champagne with juice and eat grits with biscuits, really.
- My favorite color is teal — the obnoxious, bright teal. My dresser is actually the exact shade of teal that I love and I got it from the kid across the street who was throwing it out purely because it was that color. (Also I needed a dresser.)
- I’ve been hit by a drunk driver and lived to tell the tale. Actually, the accident was almost five years ago to the day. My car was absolutely wrecked — the entire front engine portion was torn off — but I lucked out and only got whiplash. I will never, ever sit behind the wheel of a car if I’ve had more than one beer or drink, especially if I haven’t eaten. That’s why we have Uber, y’all.
- One of my best friends works for a major comic book company but I won’t tell you which company or what they do because I’m sworn to secrecy. I just know their job is super fuckin’ cool and I’m really jealous.
- When I came across the new Harry Potter box set with the new paperback covers, I may have squealed a little bit externally.
- Team Salted Caramel Mocha, all day, every day. Pumpkin Spice Latte can get out of my face.
- I took French for seven years: one in middle school, four in french, two in college. I used to be practically fluent, but it’s been many years since I last had an excuse to use it, so my skills are rusty.
- If I were to be any of the Belcher children from Bob’s Burgers, I’d probably be all of them. Every single one of them.
- I got a candle today solely because it smelled like wealthy, attractive dudes. My room smells amazing right now.
- Technically, I saw the Fifty Shades of Grey movie on my employer’s dime: I won movie tickets at work for something relating to hold times, then decided that if I was going to see this movie, I wasn’t going to pay for it with my own money.
- Do you prefer baths or showers? What’s your fancy bathing ritual?
- Guy Fieri or Anthony Bourdain? State your reasoning.
- What’s the one thing that you do that sends you into a state of utter relaxation?
- How do you feel about Drake?
- What are your plans for higher education?
- If you were to star in a musical, which one would it be?
- When you think about manatees, what kind of feelings do you experience?
- What are your ultimate goals with your blog?
- Which books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?
- Do you think you’re too old for ya novels? Why or why not?
- Have you read any non-fiction books? Which one is your favorite?
Consider Yourself Nominated:
- Astra @ A Stranger’s Guide to Novels
- Sevairi @ Sevairi Reads
- Jackie @ Fall In Love With The Sound of Words
- Tash @ Books With Chemistry
- Clayton @ Page Turners Inc.
As always, if you don’t feel like responding to this award, by all means, feel free to ignore it! However, I would love to see your responses if you do end up doing it. Keep up the good work, y’all. (: