I swear, I’m almost done spamming everyone’s reader today. So much has happened over the past few days, including being tagged in the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers by the lovely Felicia Sue Lynn at Felicia Sue Lynn Reviews! All of this activity has me feeling like Sally Field at the 1984 Oscars: “You like me, you really like me!” (Okay, I promise I’m actually 24; I’m just really in tune with pop culture.)
And if you’re new to the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers tag OR if you need a quick crash refresher on what happens when one is included in the club, take a look over the rules below:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions sent to you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate ten blogs
Without further ado, here are my answers to this particular tag!
Questions for Me:
- What book could you reread over and over and never get sick of?
– The entirety of the Harry Potter series. It’s the one series that’s stuck with me throughout the majority of my life and has utterly fueled my addiction to reading. I KNOW IT’S CLICHE, but it’s probably the most influential book series for my generation. I didn’t play Quidditch in college for nothing.
- What song is stuck in your head (or was recently stuck in your head)?
– Why da fuq u lyin y u always lyin mmmmohmygod stop fukin lyin
- What book series do you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
– Literally anything by Cassandra Claire because she is a known plagiarist and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT.
- Where is your favorite place to read?
– I mean, I can read anytime, anywhere, but if I were to name my all-time favorite place to read, I’d go with my bed. I tend to nest up in my quilt, have music playing in the background and just lose myself in the story.
- Would you rather be able to buy every book you didn’t want regardless of money or only be able to buy one book you really wanted per year (this is assuming libraries aren’t a thing)?
– I’m gonna go with the latter. I’d rather have a small shelf of quality books rather than a large shelf of awful books. Hopefully, this means I get to keep all the books I currently have until this condition came into effect? I don’t want to have to lose the collection I’ve assembled thus far.
- Coffee or tea? (or some other beverage)
– Coffee, definitely. Don’t get me wrong because I do love tea, but I need something to really wake me up in the morning; tea just makes me sleepy.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
– The better question is: what didn’t I want to be? I wanted to be a chef, a teacher, a veterinarian, a doctor, president, etc. I’ve finally settled on librarian or book editor; it’s only taken the past seven years since graduating high school to figure out.
- 3 things you love about yourself? (my previous stint into fitblr is showing here)
– I love the way most shades of red lipstick look on me, the way that I’m finally taking matters into my own hands on achieving my goals, and that I am not afraid to get out into the streets to stand up for what’s right.
- How do you destress after a long day?
– It depends on the day: I usually curl up in bed and watch Hulu or read on Tuesday through Friday nights, but Saturday through Monday nights, I tend to go out for a drink or desserts with friends. There are a lot of breweries popping up here in the Virginia Beach area and I’m lucky to have friends that share my love of a good craft brew.
- Name a habit you have that you think is kind of weird.
– When I was younger, I had a mild form of trichotillomania where I would compulsively pull out my hair when facing extremely stressful situations or in moments of high anxiety. I still have some lingering effects from that, but only every once in a while, and only for hairs that I feel have the “wrong” texture. It’s weird, I can’t quite describe it.
Questions for You:
- Which three emojis are your favorites to use?
- If there was any book series you’d like to see adapted into a television miniseries, which would it be and why?
- What’s your usual Starbucks order?
- Are there any musicians you listen to that would be considered “guilty pleasure” artists? Who are they?
- Out of all of the characters in Parks and Recreation, whose personality most closely matches yours?
- What was the book that sparked your love for your favorite genre?
- I’m sure you played Neopets at some point growing up. Which species of pet was your favorite?
- Why do you think it’s so hard to come up with the questions for these things?
- If you could have an all-expense paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take along?
- What was the last band you saw in concert? If you haven’t been to any concerts, who would you like to see most?
Honestly, there are so many people I’d love to nominate for this, but I’m afraid of doing repeats! If you want to answer my questions, PLEASE do so and let me know if you do! I’d love to read your responses!