This blog has only been open for a little over a month now, but I never expected to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award so early on its life! I must extend thanks over to Jess at JBelkBooks for her nomination! Her blog is full of its very own brand of sunshine, covering her broad interests including — but not limited to — books, nature, poetry and more. If you’re unfamiliar with how this award works, or if you need a refresher:
“The whole idea of the Sunshine Award is that you nominate eleven bloggers who put a little sunshine in your day, who are positive, creative, and inspiring.”
– Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
– Nominate some bloggers who put sunshine in your day.
– Write 11 questions for them to answer.
So at the very bottom of the post, you’ll find my list of eleven bloggers that give me a nice, warm, and fuzzy feeling when I think of their blogs. Here we go!
- You have to choose one of your senses (sight, touch, smell, etc.) to get rid of. Which one would it be and why? – Initially, I thought this was going to be a hard question to answer, but, honestly, I think I can forgo stopping in Bath and Body Works for hours to smell everything and save me significant amounts of money at the same time. Yeah, my sense of taste would be muted slightly, but that also might get me to acquire a taste for red wine at the same time.
- Have you ever wanted to change your name? If so, to what? – When I was in the third grade, I wanted to change my name to Blossom due to my obsession with the Powerpuff Girls. But now, given my parents’ upcoming divorce, I think I’d want to change my last name back to my mother’s maiden name; I don’t want to be associated with a certain individual in my life, so that might be the way to go.
- If you could wake up tomorrow in someone else’s body, who would you pick and what would you do? – I’d be Natalie Dormer and just marvel in being the very image of human perfection.
- Are you a vegetarian? If not, have you ever considered being one? – I am not, but I considered being one for a brief time in high school to impress a boy. Then I realized that probably wasn’t the right way to go about vegetarianism. Currently, I guess I’m more of a pescatarian? I don’t really eat red meat or poultry unless in very special occasions or if I’m going to Taco Bell; mostly fish and seafood serve as my protein.
- What are you craving at the moment? – A nice sour beer (much like Stiegl Radler’s Grapefruit beer — yum!) and a fancy grilled cheese. My friend and I are supposed to be going to a local bar later in the night for their 43 Hours of Sour event.
- What are you currently reading? Do you enjoy it so far? – I’m reading a few things: The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson, Mount of Hope by Jamie Michele and Mrs. Frances Trollope and Marked by A.N. Meade. I’m enjoying them for the most part, but the latter book is irritating me something fierce.
- Can you read more than a single book at a time? If so, what are your secrets to that? (I can never read more than one novel at a time unless I NEED to) – Yes, clearly! (: I can’t read two physical books at one time, so I usually have two e-books going while I’m reading a physical book. I don’t know what my hang-up is between reading two physical books at one time, but here we are.
- Do you believe in ghosts? – Absolutely! I can’t exactly explain why or how my belief in ghosts came about, but it’s like the one supernatural thing I really believe exists outside of fiction. I’ve personally experienced or have heard of my friends experiencing too many spooky ghost-related coincidences for me to completely write it off!
- If you could make one change in your life right now, what would it be? – I’d absolutely be already living in DC and enrolled in grad school rather than being stuck in Virginia Beach working in auto insurance. It’s really time to start living my best life and my current life is…certainly not that.
- Marvel or DC? If neither, tell why. – MARVEL, all day every day! First: Captain Marvel is a character that exists and I love Carol Danvers more than life itself. Second: They have such amazing, diverse characters ranging across all genders, sexualities, races, religions, etc.There’s so much positive representation spanning across the Marvel Universes! Finally, how can you not love Spider Gwen? Spider Gwen is queen.
- Do you want a tattoo in the future? What would it be? Or if you have a tattoo(s), what is it? – Of course I want one! I’ve been planning my tattoos for years and have finally committed to go get one with my friend Collette this Sunday, the 20th. It really just took having a friend come along with me to hold myself accountable. I plan on getting open and closed quotation marks on my right wrist. I’m a right-handed writer, so that means the words I craft flow freely from that particular hand.
I’ve tagged a few people whose blogs I try to keep up with daily, even if I may not interact as frequently. Y’all truly light up my reader!
- Skylee @thenightgirl
- Bree @The Literary Hellion
- Louise @The Storyteller’s Abode
- Trisha @Yellow, Green, and Read All Over
- Sumaya @Sue’s Reading Corner
- Felicia Sue Lynn @Felicia Sue Lynn Reviews
- Aentee @Read At Midnight
- Sevairi @Sevairi Reads
- Grace @Loving My Lit
- Adriana Gabrielle @The Librarian Files
- Andi @Just a Broke Bookworm
- What is your ultimate Throwback Thursday playlist? Do you use it to jam out or just have in the background?
- Have you ever traveled outside of your home country? If so, where? If not, where’s your favorite local place to visit?
- What genre do you tend to stray away from and why?
- What other hobbies do you take part in other than reading and blogging?
- How long does it usually take you to read a novel?
- Who do you think would have the most interesting memoir? Why?
- If you were to be transported into the world of any Disney movie, which one would it be?
- Other than WordPress, which social media outlet could you not live without?
- Are you more of a beach or country person? Why?
- Is there a party game that you like to pull out when gathered with friends? What is it and why?
- What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? Is it really worth watching?
Of course, please tell me if you end up participating in the tag! If you choose to not participate, no hard feelings; I totally understand. Thank you so much for bringing some sunshine into my day!